Forum

About To Take The Plunge

Scoof100

Scoof100

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Dear Members,

Am about to accept my first freelance position and need to set myself up as limited. Biggest scare appears to be IR35 and I am told that I need to be careful with contract:

1. What is the surefire way of being outside IR35 for someone like me who is a providing a professional intellectual service to a large client organisation?? Are there specific bullet points that I need?

2. Should I avoid the words '....Services Limited' in the title of the company stationary and only use '.....Limited'?

3. Is there like an expert on the end of the phone or even a face to face service that is recommended or available for new starters like me?

4. Do you recommend VAT flat rate scheme in the main, or normal way? I realise that it may depend on the volume of purchases for the business; but this I do not expect will be excessive eg. Mobile phone, laptop, stationary, pda etc.

5. Do you recommend a local accountant that you can see, or do you recommend one of these faceless internet accountancy firms that promise everything for £75+VAT or thereabouts per month?

6. What about PCG? Do most of you guys join?

7. What about bank account; do you go with a free set up as shown variously on-line, or do you walk into a high street branch. Any drawbacks here??

Loads of questions I know, but there seems to be a lot that I need to learn!

Scoof.:confused:

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK