Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Advice about a graphic card

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum' started by msantos, Sep 5, 2018.

1. msantos

msantos New Member

Hi folks,
    I hope you are well.
    I am going to study a course in graphic design. Can anyone please advise which video card is enough for me to run mainly Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign and Sketch?

1)One of the MacBook Pro I checked, it has Radeon Pro 560x with 4GB. Its 2018 released
    2)Other MacBook Pro. Released May 2015. It has the combination of the following 2GB VRAM AMD RADEON R9 M37OX (games, apps etc) INTEL IRIS PRO 5200 1GB VRAM (reserved for system)

I would much appreciate your response and help

Kind regards
    Manuela

Laura@FreelanceUK likes this.
  2. biju

biju New Member

[​IMG]
    The exact name of the graphics card is available in my Desktop. And I'm able to run my editing programs seamlessly. You can try to check the adobe-source that has tested the laptop and desktop versions of some graphics processor card series.

3. WasaWasa

WasaWasa New Member

For those kind of programs you won't need a great graphics card, as you're not working with 3D stuff or video encoding.
    In your case, CPU and RAM is much more important.

Even an integrated GPU can be enough as long as you have a more or less fast CPU (Like at very least a Core i5 or even better a Ryzen) and 16GB RAM.

4. raymondricaresad

raymondricaresad New Member

I'm not too much into tech, but for me the first option looks more appealing for such things. Did you try asking in the apple shop what do they think?