Forum

Agency wants me to remove copyright on logo visuals before they present to client.

jimmytommyt

jimmytommyt

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hi,

I'm relatively new to working as a freelancer through design agencies. An agency (which only consists of one man at present) outsources design work to freelancers. He has asked me to design 3 logo visuals for a client of his which I have completed and sent him the visuals as a PDF ready for him to pitch to his client.

He has recently asked me to remove my copyright notice, which I have placed at the bottom of each visual as protection as I am yet to be paid for the work.

I am dubious about the situation because I have been quite informal about the agreement in the sense that I haven't drawn up a written contract and had him sign it.

How can I protect myself in this situation if I remove the copyright from the visuals? I apologise if I come across naive but I normally work for clients who are friends and government bodies that are trusted.

Thanks

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK