Forum

And another graphic designer freelancer - spreadsheet help required

andygarner

andygarner

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hi everyone. Quick bit about me. Over ten years industry experience as creative artworker and designer, mainly print based. Know indd, qxd, psd, ai very well, and have decided after about 2 years of dithering to take the plunge and go freelance (full-time is ok as I am on a decent wage but if i can earn the same and have more time off and pay less tax then bring it on).

This looks like a good site. Had a quick search and can't find much info about spread sheets and accounting.

I've set myself up as a ltd co. Opened a bussiness account got an accountant lined up (haven't seen her yet) sent loads of cv's to loads of recruitment people and they say they can get me work :)

Just got 2 weeks to work out my notice at my full-time job. So nearly got everthing in place (oh got to go vat registered too, but the hmrc say that will take 8 weeks or so).

Anyway I have downloaded a couple of excel spread sheets (1 from a link on here) and one from the apple site and they are VERY COMPLICATED!

A mate of mine showed me his (his spread sheet that is) and all i need is surely a simple spread sheet that shows my invoices to clients, the vat charged, the net the gross. My expenses the balance of the account. You get the picture not the really indepth accountancy excel spread sheets. I'm only a small co. and only will be inviocing for work say a couple of times a month? And doing vat returns every qtr of course.

Can anyone give me a link to such a simple spread sheet? I haven't seen my accountant yet maybe she will give me one? (another double entendre)

Thx in advance

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK