Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Being forced to sign contract after job has finished!

Discussion in 'Business and Contracts' started by Ontheweb, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Ontheweb

Ontheweb New Member

Help!
    At the end of a recent job the client sent me a contract. It has clauses that I dont agree with (agreeing to put the contract on hold for no pay yet remain exclusive!) and so I'm refusing to sign, in case future jobs are based on this.

But now theyre refusing to pay until I sign.

What's my legal right? Surely the emails confirming the job is as good as a contract.

I need the money but they're holding me hostage for my pay!

2. sofiabelle

sofiabelle New Member

No company will be forced to sign a contract for the job.
    In my opinion,
    If a company is doing this. Please don't join this type of company.

3. Lupita

Lupita Member

4. Naheed Mir

Naheed Mir Member

No employer can “force” you to sign a contract against your will.
    You can start by sending them a legal notice first asking them to
    pay you the pending amount.

5. Jurlilane

Jurlilane New Member

Hi, no, lol. Your superiors have no right to make such a setup for you. Although there have been such cases in my memory. My best friend and I have dreamed of becoming firefighters since childhood. We graduated from the academy as firefighters, and then went to the team https://firerecruitmentaustralia.com.au, where they help novice firefighters. That is, it is clear from this that we are sufficiently qualified for our profession. We got a job with him in different fire companies. Just out of interest, where it will be better. In case of something, either he or I would have moved to another job. This is where such a situation occurred. My friend was not paid a salary until he signed a contract. He sent everyone away and went to work for me. Like this :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021