Forum

Comments on my Portfolio + How to get lots more work!

TNDesign

TNDesign

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hi!

I've been designing sites for a while but only took it seriously last year during my gap year to pay for travelling etc. Advertised for first 6 months and have relied on recommendations ever since. Have just started a run of 13 weeks of adverts in the Friday Ad a few weeks back and have only had 1 response so far. I've got a few other recommendation jobs lined up. But basically I've got 4 months-ish off for the summer from uni and want to get a lot of work to pay back student loans etc. I charge £24 p.h. currently but am now moving toward charging flat rates for my sites.

So firstly please take a look at my portfolio and make any comments (constructive please!) which can aid me. The top are the newest, I'm very happy with the top few and am at the moment trying to push out better looking/more professional sites. This is because I'm looking for bigger/better companies (more interesting/bigger jobs and bigger pay I guess but that's not the main reason!). I want to get a good portfolio as after uni I want to enter into marketing/advertising and I guess the more impressive the companies the better!

So any advice on what to do to get bigger/better jobs/companies. I live in the South-East near London but most my jobs are local, I want to get jobs in London - I've a friend there who has had a couple of pretty simple jobs where he has been paid loads (far too much for his ability and finished product to be honest!),

By the way the wording for my paper advert is:

TN DESIGN: Designing affordable, high quality websites for a broad range of customers for over 4 years. From small static sites to full e-commerce. Based in Oxted, Surrey with customers nationwide. Contact for portfolio and further information: *my business email* / 07817 280504.

Any suggestions about changing that maybe...

Any help is much appreciated!
Many Thanks
Tom
TNDesign

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK