Forum

Contract Help

Chicks2408

Chicks2408

Messages count : 2
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hi,

I need some assistance in going back to a client with a good proposal.

Previously I've been pretty available to them on an 85 hour retainer, but doing more hours (usually about 120) has never been an issue. They're quite flexible but there's never been a structure and boundaries are pushed weekly, if not daily! (Getting messages at midnight etc).

There's been changes to the business and requirements changing now the business is in a really good place. Neither option offered was anything that worked well for me, so I basically said I'd help train someone else up to fit the 'ideal role'. (This included travel unpaid that was a 2 hour minimum commute for me, £2 less an hour, weekends). The 'new' person, is basically doing what I was already doing (no weekends, no travel into London), so after a conversation I mentioned this.

After realising it was a bit of miscommunication, they've today asked me to be available 9-5 daily, hourly checks on social media / emails, phones diverted to me, whatsapp on an iPad they would provide. However, this is at REDUCED hours. I'm not sure what to go back with and wondered if any of you can help! To be available on an hourly basis, restricts my availability to have additional clients or even get 'stuck in' with other projects. I'd like to go back with a realistic offer/proposal but I'm really not sure where to start with it.

Thank you!

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK