Forum

Graphic Design trouble

Fader2012

Fader2012

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hello I'm new here and this is more a general problem that I would love to have some advice on and to vent from my tiny head before it explodes/implodes.

Basically I have been working voluntary for a company from home doing graphic/web design, they send me assignments over Skype and I get on my merry way and complete them to the best of my ability. Worryingly though about half of the designs aren't being taken on and the clients are then moving on to other companies and I twigged why - my people aren't taking any details at all on what the clients desire so I then spend hours on work for it to be nothing at all like they envisioned.

Also I don't get to do much actual designing myself. They send me a "reference" site to work with and I go from there. A little while later I send back something similar only to be told "No, this is wrong. Refer to the site we sent you." So what they really mean is COPY THIS EXACTLY. Any time I inject a little variety in there I get crushed for being wrong...and this isn't even the client talking, it's the bosses of mine. Fair play if a client wants something changed, I have no problem with that as it's how designs evolve.

Anyway, as of the start of Jan they decided to pay me per project (a slight come down from the part time money they promised me before) but we have had only one client and it was another of these vague blank canvas jobs where I'm told to copy a site so I doubt any money will come out of this.

Any one else had a similar problem? Granted all this work goes into my portfolio but it's getting a bit silly now.

Cheers people.

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK