Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How much do you charge for web hosting, cms setup and design?

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by sean83, Apr 17, 2010.

1. sean83

sean83 New Member

I'm redesigning this site lake macquarie holidays parks, four other companies are going in for this tender, the client wants a detailed pricing schedule relating to:

• website hosting
    • cms setup/licensing
    • design and build

How much would you normally charge for these three things?

Thanks Anyone

2. Mellijelli

Mellijelli New Member

Hi Sean83

So i was not too sure how much you could charge all i know is you go by content, per page or project, so per 5 page website you could charge x amount, for animations you could charge extra, you could also charge per hour taken to do everything, did a google for you and came up with this web site, hopefully that will help ;) Graphic Design Blog

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. james.snv

james.snv New Member

Hi,
    I think you should check the market condition and investigate the market place ,calculate what rate should be based on your expenses.
    thanks!

4. briannourse

briannourse New Member

Hello sean83

It really depends on what you want - I work to your budget to a fully bespoke design build to a wordpress template.

Brian

5. FreelanceUK

FreelanceUK Administrator

I think he was actually after guidance on what he should be quoting, rather than inviting tenders for the work. Because of Freelance Alliance we don't allow jobs or hiring via this forum, just by way of explanation.

Thanks
    Freelance UK

6. Victorious

Victorious New Member

Simple - call your local web design studios and ask how much they charge for similar project to yours. Calculate how much time it will take you and decide on a fair hourly rate and the minimum rate you are willing to work for. Deliver the quote with an option to negotiate the price. If the customer is not willing to pay your rate then negotiate it by reducing it but don't go below absolute minimum you are willing to work for.

If you are strapped for money then just take whatever they give you and you think its fair otherwise tell them to f* off.

7. bestmann

bestmann New Member

It may be worth looking at using an open source ecommerce software and then taking the payment modules off. to do that i would be looking at £1500ish for the complete job (that includes rebuilding that one to SEO levels)
    Do you know if he has had any SEO done? that may be a good avenue for him to look at going down.