Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How much to charge for Wordpress installation and development

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by zephrmatt, Apr 30, 2010.

1. zephrmatt

zephrmatt New Member

How much should I charge for Wordpress installation and development?

Hi all

I'm a relatively new developer. I've done some sites for friends but am hopefully close to securing my first decent freelance project. It will probably come down to what I charge!

The site re-design looks basic enough and I was going to do it in Wordpress, and maybe customise an existing theme or develop a new child theme from scratch. BUT how much should I charge for this? Hosting is already taken care of. I'd like to do a proper evaluation of the existing site and customers, and any theme development will take a while for me as I'm quite new. But in principle it shouldn't be a huge project. The site may stretch to 15 or so pages, hopefully less with some sensible IA restructuring work and any functionality should be covered by an available WP plug in. Any theme development I do should be fairly basic, they're not looking for a particulalry pretty cosmetic solution. I'm inclined to charge a one-off project fee and was thinking in the region of £1000. Does that seem reasonable?

Grateful for any advice please

Thanks

Matt

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. Victorious

Victorious New Member

It depends on your ability to deliver a really well designed website. Think how long it will take you, how much time you need then give yourself extra few days just in case and then charge accordingly. On average I wouldn't charge a lot if you are just starting - give your customers something to talk about.

If you are just starting and you want to live off freelancing just ask yourself if the money you charge is enough. Professional freelancers can charge over £300 per day.

3. Victorious

Victorious New Member

Just to give you an idea how much people charge just slicing the graphics and creating wordpress template can set you back around £250-£300.

Simple example https://www.psd2html.com/order-now.html Xhtml transitional + wordpress template = $354 circa £250