Forum

Introductory email - new freelance proofreader

EmmaFPR

EmmaFPR

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Good afternoon all,

I am new here on the site and am really hoping that someone can offer me some advice please.

I recently left the comfort of a successful sales career to embark upon something that actually means something to me and as such I have decided upon a career in proofreading, on a freelance basis.

I have spent the last few weeks devouring every book I could find, taking every online test and have found that I am really good at it and I am really excited about this next chapter in my life!

Having carried out some "free" work for friends and family, I now feel ready to approach some companies, however, I am really struggling to put all this into a coherent introductory email to send out to prospective clients.

I have never had to "sell" myelf like this before and I'm not really sure where to start so any pointers/advice would be very, very welcome!

Thank you in advance

Emma

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK