Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is Marketing Through Catalogs Pop in UK? like the US?

Discussion in 'PR & Marketing Forum' started by Jonathan Hue, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Jonathan Hue

Jonathan Hue New Member

Hello everybody,

Apart from online marketing, shopping through big marts, direct response marketing, is catalog marketing through mail order popular in UK like in the US? or not?

I'm doing a research or expanding into UK arena, kindly help.

Thank you

2. super_slick

super_slick New Member

Hi. Not many people helping you out here, so felt obliged to offer my advice.....

There are quite a number of companies using catalog marketing. The subtle approach seems to work best in the UK though, with extensive features and free content. That being said, there are some companies mailing catalogs full of consumer goods, with zero editorial - these have been around for years, so I assume they do the business!

I do some feature work for a company who mail to over 1 million consumers in the nutritional supplement niche (I'm an expert in this field), with four fresh catalogs per year (and 8 total mailings). I don't have the precise figures and can't name the company here, but I do know that every mailing delivers a very profitable sales spike.

The mailing list is to an existing/previous customer base; however, if I was mailing with the intent of gaining new custom, I think it may be even more important to provide free content.

Hope this is some help (oh, and by the way - if you need a freelancer to work with you, drop me a message, particularly on health/fitness niches :) ).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008