Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sign Up

Legal questions

Discussion in 'Illustrator Forum' started by DianeB, May 6, 2012.

  1. DianeB

    DianeB Guest

    Hi all

    I am hoping to try my hand at a bit of freelance illustration soon and was planning to set up as a sole trader. I was wondering though, do I need to inform HMRC that I am a sole trader when I first start looking for work or can it wait until I receive my first job as I am aware that I would need to start paying national insurance as soon as I register? Also, do I need to register as self employed before opening a business bank account? Any help is much appreciated :happy
  2. Lupita

    Lupita Member

Share This Page