Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looking for a good website building software

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by Mikey_G, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Mikey_G

Mikey_G Guest

Hi Guys,

I need your advice on which one of these website building softwares is better -
    I've just opened my own website building company and most of my clients are small businesses with low budgets so I need a relatively fast and cheap way to make websites with - but I definately DON'T WANT TEMPLATES!

Anyone used any of these?

Jimdo

Sitecube

Media Site Builder - someone especially recommended me this new one.

Has anyone tried these out or anything similar?

2. plantwebdesign

plantwebdesign New Member

Not used any of these, but...

... my advice is definately to go and learn the basics of HTML, CSS, XHTML etc. That'll give you solid grounding if you are def starting a web business.

3. SurreyWeb

SurreyWeb New Member

Hi Mikey_G

Good advice from plantwebdesign. Your two statements don't really go together, opening a web company and asking about this type of software.

Apart from the fact the approach you are thinking of selling is available for free in many places, not much use anyway. All that you will build is sites that do not serve your clients needs, regarding their visitors, or search engines.

Sure you wouldn't want to take money under false pretences, so why not follow the advice and spend a year or two learning the trade you intend to offer. That will work out best in the end.

4. keveenjones

keveenjones New Member

for your small business clients microsoft visual studio is very convenient. through that software you can easily made a web site easily and through this software you can easily editing ready template so for your business clients this microsoft visual studio is very useful.

5. Notepad - best website building software available to the masses - if you know what you are doing!

No use offering a service if you can't perform the basics...

6. Mellijelli

Mellijelli New Member

Hi Mike

Iv used NetObjects Essentials and you can do loads on it and its free to download on the net, tried to put a link in here for you but it would not allow me yet, i think cause im still new to the forum, and then of course there is always Photoshop, one can do amazing work on PS, what software are you currently using to design?

7. Phoenyx

Phoenyx New Member

hi there.

mmmm there are a lot of good web builders out there, Ive played around with wix as well.

You can either design your site from templates they have or start from scratch.

Free Website With Flash Website Builder at Wix.com

netobjects is great yes. Ive played around with that as well, but it can be tricky to get into at first.

8. james.snv

james.snv New Member

Hi,

I think there are a lot of website builders out there but my advice to learn HTML,CSS, JAVA SCRIPT and PHP.If you are going to start a web business then it would be beneficial for you.
    thanks!

9. tomylee1

tomylee1 New Member

i recommend Dreamweaver.

10. Phoenyx

Phoenyx New Member

Dreamweaver is a good web buildig app. Its the norm when chosing a web builder.

But it has a few drawbacks. Firstly its unearthly expensive, and secondly, for a first time user that has had no training on it, it can be daunting.

A third point, is that youd have to have a background knowledge of coding as well, and as James.snv said, the fundamentals youd need to know are HTML, CSS, and Javascript, and Ajax. So getting started on good old notepad with HTML and CSS might be a good start before plunging headlong into dreamweaver.

I played around with it, :D its fun tho :D

11. jettlee1

jettlee1 Banned

i prefer Dreamweaver.

12. pixeldevils

pixeldevils New Member

Learn your trade.

You'll never make any kind of money if you're using WYSIWYG editors and will encounter more problems than your knowledge will get you through.

13. Victorious

Victorious New Member

Photoshop

e-Texteditor (awesome stuff similar to textmate from Mac)

or

Notepad+

and some strong knowledge about coding.

14. medicalwriter

medicalwriter New Member

May I suggest wordpress, easy CMS and in addition your clients can also log in and edit some of the pages.

15. Ryan G

Ryan G New Member

work from home job

I think there are a lot of website builders out there.You can also refer those website builders which you most like on the search engine, but my advice you to learn HTML, JAVA Script and PHP. If you are going to start a web business then it would be great and helpful for you to developing for a good website.

16. zackie40

zackie40 New Member

Apart from the fact the approach you are thinking of selling is available for free in many places, not much use anyway. All that you will build is sites that do not serve your clients needs, regarding their visitors, or search engines.

17. ammygill

ammygill New Member

suggestion

Hello,

Their are large number of good website builders in the market but if you are going to start your own business, then i suggest you to first learn HTML, JAVA SCRIPT, CSS and PHP.

18. WritingOnTheWeb

WritingOnTheWeb New Member

Hey man.

Nothing beats hand coding and using photoshop for the layout design.

However if you really feel it necessary to go software route any of these are a good choice.

Top 9 Best Website Design Software for Beginners

Still if you can afford to outsource do so as it's a steep learning curve and if you can really avoid software all the better.

19. AdamC

AdamC New Member

If you are getting in to the website building business its advisable that you dont skip the basics like html, php etc. This will form the building blocks incase you get a client who wants a custom made website

20. gdr

gdr New Member

learn html, css etc etc. sure it will take you longer but it's worth it. But if you really need a website up today, www.cubender.com is a pretty good option.