Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My new site - is it ACTUALLY any good?!

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by pixeldevils, Apr 27, 2010.

1. pixeldevils

pixeldevils New Member

Hi there!

I've recently got back from a round the world trip and have set up a portfolio/freelance site to try and find freelance and contract work.

At the moment I seem to have received a luke-warm response to my enquiries.

Does anyone think that there's any glaringly obvious about the site that might be putting people off.

In terms of design, coding, validation, accessibility and usability, I've taken time to make sure everything is up to industry standard.

What's your opinion?!

Welcome to Pixel Devils

Cheers,
    Richard.

2. Really nice design

I love the design of your site however the background image seemed a bit slow loading, are you using high quality images?

Also the nav bar seems to draw more attention than needed although that may have been what you are going for.

All in all I cannot see anything wrong with this site and it actually shows a lot of creativity and is very unique.

3. FreelanceZA

FreelanceZA New Member

Hi
    Your website is impressive! My only guess about the lukewarm response that you are experiencing, is due to the lack of extensive marketing. You need to get the word out there!

Tell everybody you know about your website.

Regards
    FreelanceZA

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
  4. Victorious

Victorious New Member

It's all right

My first impression = it looks ok.

You obviously can do much, much better than this I saw your portfolio. I understand the brown colour is meant to be the underground why not follow the bone stuff and add extra touches and add stuff like that to make it look more like the underground.

5. pixeldevils

pixeldevils New Member

Thanks for the feeeback guys, most welcome and some good points in there!

The site had landed me a contract with BSkyB, so perhaps some of my initial fears were unfounded!

Good point about the marketing of the site - sometimes it's hard to get your work 'out there'! ;)

6. 1stklassdesigns

1stklassdesigns New Member

its a nice concept however looks very generic...but i like the design....the devil theme might put some people off

7. c69

c69 New Member

Yeap, its nice :)

8. rescott

rescott New Member

Hi, yeah it looks nice, although, at a quick glance, it doesnt exactly tell me what you do? It's maybe a little confusing to a non-designer. Sorry :(