Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need a point in the right direction!!

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by Lafaso870, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Lafaso870

Lafaso870 Banned

I want to roll over an image from the video, have it fade out to show the title/info underneath, then when it's clicked on, I want a small movie window to pop-up and the video to play.

Can someone just tell me what program to use to make this happen? Would that be easiest to pull off in JavaScript, or Ajax or something else?

I am teaching myself all of this info and can't figure out how to pull this part off. I'm going crazy!!

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

2. AdamC

AdamC New Member

Not sure if it will work, but you could try making the web player in Flash. Javascript might be more flexible, but it will be harder to program I bet. That's a good question.

3. EDCWebDesign

EDCWebDesign New Member

You should look into Jquery I'm sure you could accomplish the results you want. Much easier to work with than flash.

4. michelledancer

michelledancer New Member

I've never tried to do this but my gut reaction would be...

The image is a link that opens the video in a lightbox (thickbox or something else that supports video) and a bit of simple jQuery displays the info on hover by either fading the text in or the image out or sliding the image up or whatever...jQuery is good like that :)

5. Victorious

Victorious New Member

<div class="mainContainer">
    <div class="imageContainer"></div>
    <a href="#" class="trigger">Text to click on</a>
    </div>

main container has a position relative, image container has an image as a background or an image inside it this one is positioned absolutely with a z-index of 2, anchor trigger is also positioned absolutely with z-index 1 this will ensure it will appear behind the image container. Now when you click on imagecontainer or hover fade image container out this will reveal the link when you click the link reveal your video container. This is the simplest way I could write it out. You will need to read about jquery fadeOut, selectors and events to make it work.

6. kathygreen

kathygreen New Member

I would think, JavaScript would be better and more flexible.
    Cheers.

7. Aayus

Aayus New Member

In my point of view Java script will help you better and more flexible to understand.