Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need Help -- Editor Can't Find Errors for One Client

Discussion in 'Copywriting Forum' started by Sabledragonrook, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Sabledragonrook

Sabledragonrook New Member

Hello all! I'm new here, but I just really need some tips! I've been an editor/proofreader for 5 years and have gotten great reviews from everyone I've worked with. I've been heading up a website project over the last month or two for a specific client while still proofreading for about 3 other clients.

ONLY with this website client do I continually miss errors. It's always missing words (simple things like 'autoimmunity is dangerous because it the source of many diseases'). Proofreaders don't miss errors like that. I personally don't miss errors like that. Except with this guy. Continually.

I don't understand what the difference is. I read slowly and carefully, multiple times, out loud, tracking a pen across the screen. And I still miss them, but again, only with this guy. I'm so baffled and frustrated I just don't know what else to do to catch these.

Any tips?

2. Multitasker

Multitasker New Member

You are already telling yourself ONLY with this guy. So now your have convinced yourself there will be a problem and have created it. I have done it myself, it is easy done.
    Change your mind set for this client, instead of thinking will i miss another error, try thinking the reverse All is going to be perfect because I am awesome! Take out the negativity.