Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New member. Hello.

Discussion in 'CAD Forum' started by Dalton, May 22, 2012.

1. Dalton

Dalton New Member

Hello ladies and gents!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.
    Don't shoot!

Here's my story...
    Having recently been made redundant and finding it a bit difficult to find suitable employment, I've been considering the freelance route.
    I've got over 25 years experience with working with drafting packages, predominantly Autocad (2D & 3D).
    Degree educated Mechanical Engineer.
    Quite a bit of space planning & layout experience as well as mechanical design.

(Having read through some of the previous threads, it would seem as if there are others who are/have been, in a similar position with similar ideas)

As I said, the freelance option is just a consideration at the moment (serious consideration!).
    I was wondering if any other members had any advice, suggestions or experiences they'd like to share?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance folks.

Regards,
    Dalton

2. Dalton

Dalton New Member

That'll be a no then.
    :laugh2

Feel free to PM me if it's easier.
    Cheers.

3. Lindyj

Lindyj New Member

Interviews

Hi, Im new on here and posting for the first time, so my apologies if this is in the wrong section!

I am a freelance music journalist working for a local newspaper, and having done several phoners, for my next project I am chasing a face-to-face celebrity interview. I am in touch with their PR company, I just wondered if anyone had any tips on how I can secure a face-to-face this time? Would it help if I say I am attending one of their gigs and would like to interview them beforehand?

Thanks

Linda

4. Jonathan Grivas

Jonathan Grivas New Member

Hi Dalton,

You might want to consider talking to CAEpeople. They have helped quite alot of Engineers with your experience.

All the best,

Jonathan

5. Dougmorrison

Dougmorrison Member

Hi Dalton,

If you can make it work then you have nothing to lose where you are looking for work, You need to get a portfolio together and then start promoting your service.

Is the only advice I am really give you. If you need something specific then please just shout.

@Lindyj don't know what you are looking to get from sub posting on another persons post. I would start your own post as people are going to clicking on the link are not likely to reply to yours.