Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sign Up

New photographer - Legal things? please help!

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by FreelancePhoto, Feb 8, 2015.

  1. FreelancePhoto

    FreelancePhoto New Member

    In am a UK university student and wish to set up a photography service/business. As a student (or just generally) what do I have to do to start this service legally?
    More specifically, would someone be able to explain how I would pay tax if needed. Do I have to register myself as a sole trader?

    All I want to do is photograph various events such as parties, weddings, clubs and get paid for this service. I know I should have a contract etc with each of my clients. Is being paid by card or cash better? Should i ask for the money before or after I shoot? Do I have to register and say how much money I make for tax purposes etc?

    Just dont eant to get in trouble down the road... :)

    Thanks in advance.
  2. fad460

    fad460 New Member

    Look for a photography contract online. You'll have to buy it only once and it should cost around £25 only.
  3. Mark Lyons

    Mark Lyons Member

    If you want to start as a freelance photographer then I appreciate you. First thing you should do make your website and portfolio. It plays an important role and if you haven't your portfolio you can add your parties, weddings and clubs pictures to portfolio. It will help you to get the online work.
    Never ask for money after shoot. You should ask for money before the shoot and make sure you clear all the things. May be your client asks you for sign document online don't be upset with this little problem. There are so many online esignature sites but I suggest you go with ApproveMe.me It will help you.
    Linda Harper likes this.

Share This Page