Forum

New to e-commerce advice wanted!

xploremedia

xploremedia

Messages count : 3
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hi,

I am a student web developer and I have been approached by a client and requested to build an e-commerce website to take their business from an e-bay only shop to a fully functional e-commerce website.

As i have never built an e-commerce site before I am reluctant to take this project on despite the great experience it could give me.

I recognise the fact that I will need to expand my skill into this area for future projects so what I am asking is how to go about building an e-commerce site? Should I be looking to write everything myself or are there good frameworks you can add in that have the shopping cart, billing and payment feature built in?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Reeve

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK