Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Website - your view please

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by das2565, Aug 20, 2008.

1. das2565

das2565 New Member

Hello

I am new to web design. Please could you have a look at
    www.skyscapetravel.com and let me know what you think. I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. The Moose

The Moose New Member

3. das2565

das2565 New Member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  4. SurreyWeb

SurreyWeb New Member

Hi das

You ought to try a search on "thin affiliate sites" I'll give you a taster from Google:

"We differentiate between affiliates that produce extra service, value, or content, and those that simply are duplicates of other sites, set up to boost traffic to other sites and earn a commission for it. The former ones are not Offensive and should be rated on the merits to the query. The latter ones are Offensive...

"Thin affiliate doorways are sites that usher people to a number of Affiliate programs, earning a commission for doing so, while providing little or no value-added content or service to the user. A site certainly has the right to try to earn income; we're attempting to identify sites that do nothing but act as a commission-earning middleman."

A few pages are inedexed but the site doesn't even come in the top ten for the core domain name skyscapetravel. Only a matter of when before this is deindexed anyway. So sorry but you're wasting your time, build an authority website, then look to make money. The other way round doesn't work, or a few more people might be doing the same.

5. das2565

das2565 New Member

Comments on Affiliate sites

SurreyWeb

Thanks for you help.

Dave

6. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Hi...

Your website look very good..
    Add some content about the travel information..

Regards,
    Glenn

7. Hey,

I think the site looks pretty good. The layout it neat and the site is not too dark. A few problems I spotted in my opinion:

• Your menu drops down behind your flash animation.
    • From a design point of view the site looks okay but I think there are too many colour schemes going on and too many different font styles used.

Apart from that looks good.

Josh

8. das2565

das2565 New Member

Re: Website

Josh

Please could you tell me which browser are you using.

Thanks
    Dave

9. GotAnyGlue

GotAnyGlue New Member

The menu is behind the flash in firefox 2

10. Firefox

Yeah I'm using Firefox :)

11. das2565

das2565 New Member

Firefox

I have tested the webite with Firefox 3.0.1 and it seems OK.
    Please could you update your browser and let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks Dave

12. Think of your target audience though...if we haven't updates as web designers what is the probability that your target audience have updated. It would maybe a good idea to fix it for Firefox 2.

13. das2565

das2565 New Member

Firefox 2

Thank you for all your help Josh but I have also tested www.skyscapetravel.com with Firefox 2.0.0.17 and it seems to work fine. Which version are you using?

Dave

14. scorpion

scorpion New Member

Great result

Hi

Very good site I saw no issues with the browsers that I am using, (I have just updated all of mine due to issues displaying the sites I have designed). The site is clean and fresh and I really liked It.

15. das2565

das2565 New Member

Scorpion

Thanks for your comments.
    Much appreciated.

Dave

16. Yeah working fine now! :)

17. das2565

das2565 New Member