Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PaperDotNet

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum' started by echo around town, Apr 20, 2008.

1. echo around town

echo around town New Member

[​IMG]

I joined this forum a while ago, sorry for not being so active iv been reading just not replying. Me and a friend have recently started a kwl mini project that i would love you sort of people to get involved with.

First of all its called PaperDotNet, we are more than likely to have the website up this week but to explain the gerneral idea is to use a net that we have create to design and build a paper model then the idea is to take kwl pictures of it in well thought about surrounding and email them to us where we will exhibit them on our website

e.g

[​IMG][​IMG]

if you are interested in getting one started now then please visit the blog and use the template on there :)

paperdotnet

*COMING SOON*

2. echo around town

you can now check out the submissions we already have at the moment at our website Untitled Document the site isent quiet finished yet but gives you guys a idea of what we are doing

3. echo around town

has no1 got any comment to make or is anybody going to hae a crack at doing a character?

4. lysstastic

lysstastic New Member

Hi,

I think it's a nice idea, bit of design fun ^^

I absolutely love the one in the ashtray.

And the one that looks a lot like Domo Kun, mostly because it's Domo Kun :p

Anyway, expect one from me in about 3 weeks time! Got too much to do before then, but then I've got about 5 months free in which to sort out my freelance site as well as making silly things, like fun paper models :D

5. echo around town

that was one of mind the Domo Kun look-a-like wasent meant to be its a hungry washing machine thats why the pic is in a washing machine! but hey..

look foward to see your pics..

anyone else going to do one?

6. visualnerve

visualnerve New Member

Ooooooh!

Love that idea, very unique and it looks fun.

Explain how we'll have to do it ourselves, make our own? (I'll need instructions, I can just about make a cube to be honest :$)

I wouldnt mind to be honest :p

Keep it up!

7. echo around town

well its basically long cubes...you can download the template from the home page

go wild let your creative juices flow personally i think vector is the best bet and the comment about the ashtray one is its a great design in a great setting with awesome compostion which are all very important.

so please do get involved and bring extreme joy to other designers

8. echo around town

there have been 2 more characters added to the gallery and a minor redesign

9. echo around town

Latest: Making a Big on for a magazine spread

[​IMG]