Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sign Up

Payment Proof - Council Housing Dpt

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by johnnyrules, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. johnnyrules

    johnnyrules New Member

    Evening all! this is my first post even though ive been using this great site for over a year.

    I have a quick query regarding payment slips and the Council Housing Department.

    I've moved back in with my recently divorced mother in a council house. I also run my own ltd company (design/freelance) which has always been the registered address.

    The issue i have is producing proof of weekly/monthly payments?
    Yes, i am the owner and the only individual running my business and no, i don't pay myself a regular salary.
    I'm coming up the the end of my first year in business (May) and as a result i didn't have to submit my tax return (business started after financial year).

    Anyway, my accountant has advised me not to give myself a weekly/monthly salary but instead he'll sort it out next year, which is fine.

    The only thing now is the Birmingham Council want to see my proof of income to know which rent they should be charging me (i take it they work in brackets, like taxable money?).

    So how do i prove my income?

    Any advice would be gratfully recieved, as i have to march my backside to the place it all happens!

  2. simonsjdaccountancy

    simonsjdaccountancy New Member

    Best bet would be to ask your accountant to produce a letter for the Council - that should do the trick provided the accountant is qualified.


Share This Page