Forum

Please help

Jai

Jai

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hi

I am due to be paid for a temporary work that I did for a company of £4000 for my limited company into my business bank account. I don't have an accountant and I don't want to spend too much money on taking this cash. I don't expect to get anymore work for my company in the next year. Also I am employed as a full time employee with another organisation at present and earned the above cash as part of my annual leave from my full time employment.

Can you please advise what is the best approach to withdraw the cash into my peronal account.

I am concerned about the following quesitons:

1. Do I have to pay corporation tax?
2. Do I have to pay VAT?
3. People have mentioned that I could take the money as dividens. How does this work?
4. Do I have to pay income tax once it has gone into my personal account?

So far,

I have filed my annual return AR01 but I have not filed the annual accoutns yet but I have been advised that I have until Feb 2017 to do this.

Can you please advise the cheapest way possible to withdraw the cash whilst complying with all the protocols?

Thank you.

Jai

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK