Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Portfolio Website Critique

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by RDDesign, May 4, 2008.

1. RDDesign

RDDesign New Member

Hey all!

I’m new to the forum so first of all "Hi!" and as the poster below also said, please be nice :) !

I recently redesigned my portfolio website (Ryan Daniels Design) and would be grateful to get people’s opinions. It isn’t 100% complete at the moment, but the majority of it is there, so any feedback is more than welcome.

Also on a separate note, having left full time employment last year with a large design firm, it quickly became apparent that most of (what I consider) my best work, I cannot place online due to the high profile nature of the clients and paranoia of my old bosses thinking I will steal the clients, so has anyone else found this and if so does anyone have any advice?

Thank in advance,

Ry

2. hellosmithy

hellosmithy New Member

I've found if you ask nicely and clearly outline your role on a project they're usually ok about it. A link to the agency helps too!

3. Sam Cowley

Sam Cowley New Member

I like the simplicity of it, clear and well presented. Everything is easy to navigate. You could possibly add a background to make it feel original. Hope this helps! :)

4. deadmix

deadmix New Member

hello there,

in my eyes as web designer and webmaster, it's too simple and oldies.. you have to make something Modern and fresh.. as you are a Web designer, that will give more positive eye to the potential Client...

You have also to think about your website SEO.. the links are really not friendly.. and the homepage still point to index.php...

Goodluck