Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Potential New Service Advice

Discussion in 'Copywriting Forum' started by PureInk, Jan 24, 2012.

1. PureInk

PureInk New Member

Hi

I'm looking for a little advice.

I'm a freelance copywriter and I'm currently looking into developing a monthly service for clients. I was thinking of creating a monthly package where clients would receive two very high quality, well researched articles with plenty of links, quotes and references in them.

My questions are - how much would a company expect to pay for this kind of article and is there a market for it? I can see these longer, well researched articles being good for SEO as they should generate links and also good for generating brand awareness via social media.

What does anyone else think?

Many thanks

2. stephenmarsh

stephenmarsh New Member

The only thing I would say is that I know a number of copywriters who offer service packages which include, for example, two articles, four blog posts and a press release per month.

Coming up with a price is a case of working out what you charge for each piece of work normally. I don't know of anyone that offers a significant discount for ordering a bigger copy package.

3. PureInk

PureInk New Member

Thanks Stephen, I've done a little research and it seems that although most companies see the value in these better quality articles, they're still not willing to pay due to times being tough. Perhaps I need a rethink!

4. stephenmarsh

stephenmarsh New Member

It's a tricky area. There's this whole division going on between 'copywriting' and 'content writing', with the idea being that content writing is what you pay people pittance for. They generate articles, which are basically just compilations of the most relevant keywords. Naturally a good copywriter would always aim to write an article that he/she genuinely thought was informative!

I think as more and more business come around to the idea that you can't really trick the search engines anymore, the market will continue to grow for substantial, informed article copy. Right now, the target for a service like you're describing is definitely larger, more established firms - they couldn't care less about Google, they just want great content to offer their visitors.

5. rickypounting

rickypounting New Member

Well according to me creating monthly plans for your client would be a good idea to proceed. Do go for it, as i being a freelancer am in favor of this decision.....

6. PureInk

PureInk New Member

Thank you everyone for your valuable comments, we're going to go ahead and launch the service so here's hoping people will be willing to pay!

7. Buzzw

Buzzw New Member

Not a good idea, not many clients will understand the true value of online articles. And many clients aren't willing to commit to a monthly subscription or retainer. There are other Copywriting techniques out there that clients will pay monthly retainers, but i refuse to share :banana