Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Questions regarding taxes

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal' started by Ana5555, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Ana5555

Ana5555 New Member

Hello everyone! I'm freelancing for less than a year, never did the self-assessment and I have lots of questions.

A bit about me: I'm a Portuguese UK based freelancer and I provide marketing services online (not digital download!). I'm not VAT registered. I work with international clients on Fiverr and I have one US client that I invoice via Paypal. I want to launch my website with a store where customers can buy my services straightway.

1. Do I need to tax my US client?

2. If I decide to sell my services via my website to international clients do I need to tax my clients according to their countries? If so, do I need to register for vat in each country?

3. Do I need to tax my UK clients? What information do I need to put on the invoice by law?

4. What information do I need to keep/documents to do my self-assessment?

5. I mainly work with USD, I only buy pounds when the currency is excellent. What data should I keep for my self-assessment money received in USD or pounds (after trading)?

Thank you so much for your help!
    Have a nice day!

2. Lupita

Lupita Member

Thanks Ana5555 - do you qualify for the scheme known as MOSS?

In other words, does your online marketing offering include any of the following -- website hosting; supply of software; access to databases; downloading apps or music; online gaming or distance teaching?

If YES to the above categories of service offering, you're able to use MOSS.
    Can you please let me know?

FreelanceUK has arranged for an expert to answer your question -- and provide you guidance, but the expert needs to know if you're MOSS-covered, or have you used the scheme previously.

Thanks!
    __

Moore News Ltd - expert care for your editorial needs.