Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Relocating advice - freelance vs full time

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by jf design, Aug 20, 2018.

1. jf design

jf design New Member

Hi. I'm looking for some 'lifestyle' advice rather than business advice please.

I've been a freelance graphic designer for 8 years and really enjoy it - the earning potential, as much time off as I like, the variety etc. Currently it's about 70/30 split between freelancing at agencies and working for clients from home.

I'm considering relocating to another part of the country. It's really important to settle in and form a new social circle – so, is it better to work full time or remain freelance?

If anyone has relocated as a freelancer, how have you found it socially? It can be difficult to form proper friendships at work since you're working at different places all the time. That said, you do meet a lot more people when freelance...

Would love to hear anyone's experience of this.

Laura@FreelanceUK likes this.
  2. Laura@FreelanceUK

Laura@FreelanceUK Administrator Staff Member

Hello JF,

I don't have any experience but if you have been freelancing for a long time it may be worth sticking to it and see how it goes. If you feel like you haven't made any solid friendships after freelancing after some time then maybe consider employment.

Good luck with your move! :)

3. john matthew

john matthew New Member

I am late to comment but I just want to say 8 Years of experience in freelancing is great. I think being a Freelancer is more beneficial.

Thanks

Laura@FreelanceUK likes this.
  4. alexalferd

alexalferd New Member

i will also go for freelancing.

5. alexalferd

alexalferd New Member

i will also go for freelancing.