Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reseller Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by smdatt, Mar 7, 2012.

1. smdatt

smdatt New Member

I know this is my first post, but after coming across a post from 2006 on this site I saw people gave good answers, I signed up to ask my own more relevant to the present 'situation'.

I'm a web developer and I'm looking into reseller hosting as a way to guide the journey of from the start to end of a project with full control (and guidance to the client), but I'm not sure what provider is best.

I've already generated some interest with this idea, and the basics of what I'm looking for are:
    - scaleability (the option to increase space/bandwidth/etc as more clients express interest)
    - UK based servers (my clients will mostly be from the UK - SEO thing)
    - UK based support (a 9-5 GMT call centre would be nice, or at least prompt email responses)
    - Linux, with an easy to use master admin CP (for me - because I'm not confident enough within Linux to be hands on yet)
    - Affordable, around £30 per month (to begin with at least, I don't mind paying more as I need more space/bandwidth)

I've looked at sites like www.webhost.uk.net, www.pipeten.com, and www.namehog.net, but without clear reviews I'm not going to jump at one without knowing what I'm getting into.

Also, a couple of other questions (I'm quite new to this, and want to get as much information as possible, sorry):
    - With reseller accounts, is payment to me handled from within their control panels?
    - Can I allocate specific storage/bandwidth limits on a per-client (website) basis, or is it shared?

Any help, guidance, tips, or recommendations are greatly appreciated at this point