Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Signing a conract. Is passport number needed?

Discussion in 'Copywriting Forum' started by Johanna Leigh, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Johanna Leigh

Johanna Leigh New Member

Hi there,

I've just got my first copywriting job and I have been asked to sign a contract via email. I have ben asked to provide my passport number and address, on the contract. I do not know the people I am writing for as they are from over seas. I'm concerned about my information being misused if the job is not genuine. Is it a normal procedure for my client to want this sort of information?

2. LiberatedLancer

LiberatedLancer New Member

Hi Johanna,

I would consider this a MAJOR red flag. I have never been asked for Passport information. This is highly sensitive info that you should keep close to the chest. It's even more troubling that you don't know much about the employer.

I know it hurts to let love go... but I would ditch this copywriting gig for something more reputable.

Johanna Leigh likes this.
  3. Mark Lyons

Mark Lyons Member

Never give this type of information to anyone. If you want to sign document online then go with Approveme.me It is safe. You just need a WordPress website and upload documents on Approveme. They will give you documents back with signatures of our client. Sign document with Email is an old procedure and risky too.

Johanna Leigh likes this.
  4. Johanna Leigh

Johanna Leigh New Member

Thank you for your response; it was very helpful. I decided to turn down the job in the end for the reasons you provided.