Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sign Up

Tax advice: Outside IR35 when working from UK for overseas European client

Discussion in 'Accounting and Legal' started by magnus, Feb 19, 2020.

  1. magnus

    magnus New Member


    I'm going to be working for a Danish company and was wondering how it works when an overseas client "determines your IR35 status"? How will they do this? Can I just ask them to note me as being outside? And where do they report it?

    I know the company well as I've worked for them as a perm in Denmark, but am now moving to UK and will be billing them a day rate instead. I am in doubt whether I should become a sole trader or start a limited company.

  2. Asad Raufi

    Asad Raufi New Member

    Hi Magnus,

    It will be better to form a limited company in the UK and you will be outside IR35

    I help set up the business, open bank account, set up systems for bookkeeping and register with HMRC and Companies House.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2020
  3. Gloria Field

    Gloria Field New Member

    Thank you

Share This Page