Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sign Up

Tax question

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by AE106540, Aug 23, 2009.

  1. AE106540

    AE106540 New Member

    I have been asked by my current company to to some illustration for another department on a freelance basis. It is planned to be every other month in a regular basis, so i assume i need to inform HMRC that i will be undertaking freelance work in addition to my salaried role.

    What am I likley to need to do for tax purposes? just complete a self assessment?

    Thanks, J
  2. Ingrid

    Ingrid New Member


    You should register with the HMRC to let them know (within 3 months of the start date). You will have a fill in a tax return every year (which they will send to you). Just keep all paperwork related to the income you make and expenses you might incur, which you can deduct and get tax relief on.

Share This Page