Forum

the exclusive right to take, edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, distribute and make use of any and

creativevisuals

creativevisuals

Messages count : 1
Likes count : 0
Contact in PM
Hello!
If a client request you to write this in an invoice.

"I hereby grant and authorize (MY CLIENT´s NAME HERE) the exclusive right to take, edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, distribute and make use of any and all video taken of me to be used in and/or for any lawful purpose. I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the video."

Does this mean I am giving away all the rights on the footage I shot to the client?
Can I still use the images for me and / or in other projects? Or use as stock footage and sell?
Does this has any legal value?
Basically in the invoice I just say he is paying for videography services, but I do not list any images, locations or dates.
I wonder if what he asks me to write in the invoice (which is an exel spreadsheet and is not signed, is just an invoice template) has any legal value and if I can still use the images for my own for things such as selling the images in stock footage websites?

I ask this because the client pays very few but seams to be willing to take all the credits and all the rights for the footage.

Any help is welcome.
Thank you in advance.

Connecting tech talent

Free-Work THE platform for all IT professionals.

Its contents and its IT job board are 100% free of charge for contractors and freelancers.

Free-workers
Resources
About
Recruiters area
2024 © Free-Work / AGSI SAS
Follow us

FreelanceUK has moved to Free-Work

We would like to welcome you to Free-Work, an international platform dedicated to supporting IT freelancers and contractors with their professional journeys in the tech industry.

FreelanceUK news, guides and resources, including the forum, have now moved to Free-Work, where we will continue to report on everything from tax issues and market demand to freelancing tips and technology trends. You can also search the latest IT contracts and freelance tech job opportunities on our jobs page.

💡 Good to know: Your forum profile remains the same. To login, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is use your email linked to your FreelanceUK account and your password.

Enjoy your visit!

The Free-Work team

FreelanceUK