Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top freelancing tips

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sarahsrays, May 13, 2009.

1. sarahsrays

sarahsrays New Member

In the current times, most of us could use all the handy household hints on freelancing that we can get.

Here are my tips - I’d love to hear yours as well!

:: Freelance UK

2. johnthecoach

johnthecoach New Member

Nice list Sarah. My tip would be: whenever you are avoiding a job, put your favourite track on Spotify and see how quick you can get it done.

:)

3. salmckeown

salmckeown New Member

Sarah you are so right about having a computer back up plan. Last year I got cut off from my broadband supplier when I was running a website for prison education. I ended up with all sorts of bills for dial up connections etc and legal disputes. I had all my data backed up but discovered the joys of mobile broadband and that my local library provided one hour per day free of charge and a fee of £1 an hour thereafter.
    My own tip would be to cosset the people who have employed you in the past. Send them an email or give them a ring. If you stay on their radar they are more likely to think of you when work comes in.

4. sarahsrays

sarahsrays New Member

Good one John. I love Spotify. With pop music (and cups of tea), we can do anything!

Sam I still shudder when I think of my week without broadband. Unfortunately, the idea of getting mobile broadband didn't dawn on me until mid-week!

I have also had good luck with getting work from ex-employers so would agree with you there.

5. johnthecoach

johnthecoach New Member

Hi Sarah,

What I like about it is selecting say JAZZ and hearing such a range of stuff; admittedly, the NEXT TRACK key wins most-pushed award, but still, there's gold in dem der Spotty hills.

:cool2

6. jeffrisk

jeffrisk Banned

Good Options are there

Nice to see this post.