Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wannabe Web Designer.

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by Bezenio, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Bezenio

Bezenio New Member

Hi all,

I'm interested in becoming a web designer. Currently have no experience in dreamweaver, photoshop, Adobe CS5 etc ....Clearly i will need to do some training on these software packages and was wondering what the best way to do that is. I have spoken to several training providers and Adobe, all of whom are more than willing to empty my bank account for me in return for some qualifications.

So far i have been led to believe that the Certificate in Web design (CIW) and Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) are the courses/qualifications to get.

Am i barking up the right tree or would a self study and building a portfolio by a better option.

Any advice and opinions would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks

Mr B.

2. John83

John83 New Member

Good Luck

Hi

I also looks into the Adobe training courses and found that paying a shed load of money wasnt for me.
    Personally, I bought a new pc, bought a couple of books as thats the way I learn best and just started using 'Notepad' I had looked at Dreamweaver but was too uncomfortable, this way I can see everything I code and understand it myself. I code and design everything myself and really enjoy doing it this way. Its not for everyone tho, there are some really good tutorials on the web and one I looked at was W3Schools Online Web Tutorials with whom you can take their exams (dont know lots of details tho)
    Hope this helps,

Ps. if you have any questions just leave them on this site, people are always reading and happy to help :)