Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Website creation: What is the cheapest domain site

Discussion in 'Web Design Forum' started by Widget, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widget

Widget New Member

:happyWhat is the cheapest domain site I can have please so that I can set up a website for my writing. I have a blog but I would like to set up a website eventually. Thank you

2. xploremedia

xploremedia New Member

3. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Cheap is not always the best but domains registration is only a few pounds anyway so not worth skimping on IMO.

Once you have registered your domain you need to have control over it. Without getting too technical you need to be able to control where it points so having control of both the NameServers for the domain and also being able to utilise the host's NameServers to redirect the A and MX records to the server(s) of your choice without having to submit a support ticket are priceless.

With this in mind I always for for either Easily or 123-Reg. 1 and 1 also offer this so check them out too.

Once you have registered your domain it is also easy with these services to bolt on hosting from the same providers or choose hosting elsewhere and simply point the domain to the servers of your chosen host.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.