Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wedding photography...help!!

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by charliegreger, Feb 20, 2008.

1. charliegreger

charliegreger New Member

hi all.
    my sister is getting married in april and has asked me to be the photographer, seeing as i will do it for free ( me and my big mouth :eek: )
    the thing is i have never done that sort of thing and have no idea where to start. are there any do's and dont's to be aware of??? any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

2. flair

flair New Member

i am also in a similar boat, have a wedding to photograph and have never done owt like that so please again any do's/dont's would be grand.

Do you really come from natal? did some graphics a while back for a guy who has a website all about natal.

3. charliegreger

charliegreger New Member

yes i am from natal.... in a little town called howick. not much to this place but its central to the midlands which is awesome.

4. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Administrator

My don't would be - don't do it! Can you imagine if you messed them up :rollin

With a digital camera is OK as I guess you can see what you have taken as you go but I would recommend backing the photos up in triplicate as soon as possible :D

5. jamdf

jamdf New Member

Enjoy it..

Preparation is key, try dividing the day up into 3, arrivals, ceremony, portraits.

Enlist the help of the best man to herd everyone for the group shots

Ask your sister to make a list of what photos she wants

Make your own list for the day

Look for inspiration from other photographers galleries

Try and find a friend who might be able to provide you with a backup camera should you have problems with yours

Shoot in raw and make sure you have lots of memory 4-8gb

Know your camera inside out

Dont get drunk until you've backed up the pics!!!!!