Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Working Professionally

Discussion in 'Journalism Forum' started by jpovedar, Jul 15, 2009.

1. jpovedar

jpovedar New Member

What computer is recommended for professional journalists, MAC or PC? And what is the computer used in the professional life of a journalist? DOes newspapers prefer one from another? The dilemma here is: MAC or PC.

2. web-design-uk

web-design-uk New Member

Its a mater of personal choice really. I personally have always used PC's plus they are more accessible. A lot of designers on the contrary will disagree with me and may prefer Mac. I have been designing websites for many years now and have never had any drawbacks in using a PC.

3. Duchess of Grange

Duchess of Grange New Member

Agree with the above post. It depends on what you're used to more than anything. In our office we have both - personally I prefer the PC as I'm used to it.

4. Lupita

Lupita Member

PC I’d say – rarely will you have a compatibility issue, as unless it’s a design-led magazine, or unless your work is design/layout-centric, most editorial departments will run/want PC users. I think the jump to a Mac from a PC is also easier to make than the other way round! Sure the Apple loyalists will be on to set me straight...:fight