Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Writing for Suite101, Demand Media and Wikioexperts

Discussion in 'Journalism Forum' started by liberatortoo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. liberatortoo

liberatortoo Guest

In order to get some cash in I'm thinking of signing up with Suite 101, Demand Media and Wikioexperts. What do people think? What are the pitfalls (if any)? I'm very interested in what people think of their copyright and publishing conditions and whether these are too onerous.

Many thanks in advance.

2. jillvance

jillvance New Member

I am not keen on Suite 101 or Demand. I find their requirements sometimes a bit obscure, and Suite 101 removes you for ever if you do not meet their "specific" requirements. Demand only seems to take people who fill their needs at that time, and as these appear to change a lot I am not sure what point they are at currently.
    I have tried many sites and basically the rules are pretty similar - just watch out for sites that do not let you remove, edit or delete your own posts as that can become a big problem for a number of reasons, (you want to update an article; the site does not pay and you want to remove your work etc).
    Here is an article giving a quick overview of a 12 sites: Paying Writing Sites Reviewed and Rated - Article & Review Writer
    I know I probably should not advertise my own work, but really this is a good way to see which sites work and which don't.