Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yes, I'm a newbie. And yes, I need some help.

Discussion in 'Journalism Forum' started by TomWatts, Oct 6, 2008.

1. TomWatts

TomWatts New Member

Hi!

Well, as you may have seen from the title, I am in need of a little assistance. I'm currently fifteen, sitting my GCSEs next year, with the aspiration of a glorious life in broadcast and print political journalism.

Academically, I think I'm set up - GCSE grades are expected to be good, I'm planning English lang., politics, economics, history and German at 'A' level, hopefully followed by a politics degree and post-graduate broadcasting course. Some might say that the lack of flexibility is unhealthy - I like to plan ahead!

Anyway, I've done some holiday work experience at the local TV region, and see the next step as a little freelance journalism (which could come with some financial benefits) and I am really writing to gain some advice on how to begin; it all seems rather daunting.

If you do have any advice, please do help me out and click reply!

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

2. ilovemusic

ilovemusic New Member

Hi

Hi i am in the same situation, however i'm about to start my A levels at the start of next year.
    How did you do your work experience?
    Try and get as many contacts you can, who will be usefull to your career later on in life, ask around, because i've heard journalism is alot about who you know.
    Keep practising, and just research into it i guess. There are so many websites on journalism, and by reading around you can start to gain a balanced veiw and decide for yourself how you want to go about this.
    Good luck!